This job might no longer be available.
Director - Data Science
1 month ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
Come shape the future of Twitch! Twitch is a leading distributor of live content worldwide and we are looking for a Director to lead our Data Science team across Content, Business Development and Partnership organizations.
The Content Data Science team plays an important role in decisions such as: how should we allocate our Content budget? Which creators should we acquire and retain? What are the best ways to achieve growth in new categories and segments? How do we measure the success of Content and Creators on Twitch? How can our BD and Partnerships teams align their efforts to have the most impact on top streamer success? You will address these questions and frame new business questions to tackle at the executive level, establishing common mental models about what matters and how to measure it. You will make the data easy to use and understand for your Content collaborators to apply to their daily decision-making. Through it all, you will bring an independent perspective, advocate for responsible thinking about data, and care for the needs and growth of your team members.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA as well as Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Prioritize, and deliver on your data science roadmap balancing operational reporting, opportunity assessment, and strategic deep-dives
- Partner with the executive team on how to apply your team's insights to our most challenging strategic questions
- Hire and develop a diverse and healthy team.
- Improve the efficiency of your team over time by building processes, tools , and documentation.
- Elevate data science excellence and quality in everything we do
- Participate in the community of data leaders across Twitch, guiding our overall data strategy
- Professional experience as a data leader of leaders, setting the vision for how to most effectively use models and data to improve business outcomes
- Expert-level experience with measurement design, visualization, and strategic insights development. .
- Evidence you've set data science team vision and roadmap and influence long term change in how a company makes decisions using data
- Excellent written and verbal communication on quantitative topics for a variety of audiences: business leaders, product managers, and executives
- Fluent in data fundamentals: SQL, visualization, metric design, statistics and modeling
- Prior work with marketplace or entertainment-type products, especially at a consumer tech company
- We encourage candidates to apply who have held the responsibilities above, regardless of years of experience or educational credentials. But we roughly expect competitive candidates to have:
- 6+ years of experience working in data science in a consumer product company
- 3+ years of experience managing data scientists, including intermediate managers
- 3+ years of experience partnering with executive staff on data topics
- Familiar with or uses Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. )
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Job ID: TW6936
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.