This job might no longer be available.
Director, Creator Strategy
7 days ago
Director, Creator Strategy
The vision for the marketing team at Electronic Arts is to create total brand experiences for all players .
A critical element to our success is how we engage the ever-expanding audience of creators that bring their voice and content to our games and communities. Through our Creator Strategy, we seek to spark our players to authentically create, connect and share across all corners of the internet. The leader of EA’s creator programs will be responsible for crafting and evangelizing the long-term vision of our Creator Network, and creating connectivity to this vision with creator-centric programs and activations across the company. This individual will be passionate about all dimensions of the creator space, and capable of ideating and building innovative UGC programs that leverage some of the best makers and some of the most influential creators in the world. This role will define and oversee EA’s global creator strategy, connect directly with the EA Creator Network technology platform, and ensure that all teams are maximizing opportunities to engage the universe of creators. The successful candidate will take a love of storytelling - matched with gaming industry expertise, creator relationships management skills and strong social platform and channel expertise - to deepen overall player engagement and sentiment for our brands.
The leader will partner with other functional experts, including marketing and development, to ideate breakthrough execution concepts. They will also work across franchise teams to expand our network, driving the recruitment, curation and engagement of our industry-leading network of creators and influencers. This person will set direction and strategy, as well as direct planning, research, outreach, and relationship management cross functionally with communications and brand marketing teams, studio teams, and external agencies.
Most of all, we are looking for a passionate leader with a clear vision for the future where everyone in our global communities is a creator.
- Define and lead EA’s Global Creator Strategy. Develop strategy and planning of a compelling, forward-thinking creator and influencer plan, in partnership with cross-functional leaders in marketing, creative & communications.
- Consistently identify trends, shifts, opportunities, and statuses with cross-functional teams and partners
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with senior leadership and internal teams (Development, Brand, Creative, Communications, Legal, Finance)
- Identify technology to improve influencer content performance and identify the most appropriate creators to meet campaign objectives and business challenges
- Partner with franchise teams to manage consistent creator and influencer campaigns with internal/external partners
- Establish partnership with agency partners to oversee campaigns and ensure timely delivery of creator content and campaign reports
- Partner to shape the EA Creator Network product strategy, identity and market opportunity for the Creator Network, including a multi-year roadmap for expansion and feature development.
- Assume CFX leadership role in driving alignment and accountability to results including development, analytics/insights and financial planning.
- Regularly communicate status updates and impact of creator programs to senior and exec leadership.
- Lead creator research to identify social media content creators who are an appropriate fit to expand and partner as part of our network.
- Be the key liaison for business affairs and influencer legal negotiations and/or contracting.
- Oversee processes for regular creator brand safe guidelines, positive play and policies checks
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 10+ years in the digital space with proven experience delivering successful creator campaigns
- BA or BS degree or Entrepreneurial street credentials
- Agency experience in building influencer or social content led branded programs ideal
- Strategic understanding of digital, social and influencer marketing in addition to appropriate metrics of success
- Solid leadership skills with the ability to facilitate teamwork
- Strong communication skills; written, spoken, presentation, etc.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically
- Knowledge of the gaming industry, specifically sports and football games
- Desire to brainstorm and strategize initiatives based on campaign goals and business objectives
- Ability to stay highly organized and efficient in a fast-paced, rigorous work environment
- Intense interest in social media and creators
- Willingness to travel, if necessary, and attend off-site events