This job might no longer be available.
Director, Creative Services
12 days ago
Job Posting TitleDirector, Creative Services
SummaryBig Fish Games is a player-centric game publisher that has been influential to the game development world over the last 20 years. Distinguished by its value-driven, collaborative, and inclusive culture, Big Fish continues to innovate the game experience, build community and connections through games, and craft meaningful games played by millions.
Big Fish has an extensive portfolio of popular casual games across genres including EverMerge, Big Fish Casino, JMS, Gummy Drop, Cooking Craze, Fairway Solitaire. Big Fish is dedicated to delivering amazing experiences for players to connect, compete and discover play, anywhere and on any device.
Big Fish is part of Aristocrat Leisure Limited.
Big Fish Games is looking for an experienced Director of Creative Services, to lead the creative studio in developing all marketing assets for Big Fish Games, ensuring that they are created at the highest quality, and delivered on time. The studio sits within Brand, inside the Growth & Marketing Organization - responsible for driving acquisition, engagement, monetization and loyalty of the player base through targeted and tailored marketing programs.
Reporting into the Head of Brand, the ideal candidate has both hands-on experience and a tenured leadership foundation in the following areas: creative production management and operations, creative marketing performance, team leadership, technology planning.
This role needs a creative and strategic thinker with an analytical mindset, able to operationalise, adapt and drive modification and diversification of creative in-line with it’s performance. Able to demonstrate the ability to foster a culture in which the importance of creative performance data in informing the creative process is paramount to success.
Good natured and passionate about people
- Down-to-earth senior manager with a low ego, driven to energize teams and foster creativity across the studio.
- Lead and mentor multi-disciplinary creative services team consisting of concept artists, graphic designers, technical artists and motion graphics/video artists.
- Manage and mentor the team of creative producers in managing the global vendor pipeline to deliver world-class creative.
Operational management & logistics
- Lead internal creative production, manage processes and define responsibilities.
- Forecast the resource requirements for the studio, allocating resources to maintain a full production pipeline.
- Own vendor pipeline, responsible for contract management, pricing negotiations and deliverables.
- Responsibility for new production methods for martech/adtech, driving implementation and deployment of innovative tooling capabilities.
- Management of professional and consulting services budget, expertly benchmarking expenditure against plan.
- Staffing of internal and external resources to globally expand the breadth of studio expertise and capabilities.
- Troubleshooting issues that might hamper production and implement changes improve efficiencies and cut costs.
Creative excellence and marketing performance
- Partner with the Creative Director to ensure a high-standard of creative excellence is maintained throughout the production process.
- Collaborate with Performance Marketing to assess the impact and performance of creative and apply to the processes and prioritization of the creative team.
- Build a centre of creative excellence where data orientation and creativity co-exist to maximise and inform performance.
- Champion creative storytelling, support the team in exploring the creative boundaries for our brands to deliver compelling click-worthy marketing collateral.
- Oversee the creative development and delivery of key digital assets needed across the marketing team, particularly static and video ads, email communications to our players, App Store testing and configuration, ATL advertising and a myriad of other one-off channels.
Cross functional excellence
- Collaborate cross-functionally with leadership peers, driving decisions and solving problems.
- Work closely with Brand Marketing & Product Marketing, User Acquisition and the Development Teams to deliver high quality assets, create brand consistency and drive action by potential/current players.
- Operate at both tactical and strategic levels, taking ownership, accountability and prioritising business needs and meeting concrete deliverables.
- Navigate the complexities and demands of multiple teams with conflicting priorities.
- 7+ years of creative leadership (preferably in gaming).
- Management experience shipping Mobile Games across iOS and Android.
- Previous experience directly managing artists and producers.
- Deep understanding and experience in the area of creative production and marketing art development pipeline with attention to detail.
- Strong communicator and exceptional ability to give positive and constructive feedback.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects/ multi-task.
- Able to comfortably dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions based on changing priorities.
- Level-headed, optimistic and positive temperament is an absolute must.
- Understanding of individual production workflows i.e animation production, live action, commercials etc.
Nice to have
- Expert knowledge of the Mobile App ecosystem, in particular, best practices and current trends in App Store configuration (app screens, icons, videos etc.) and User Acquisition ad creation.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
LocationUSA - Remote
Time TypeFull time
CompanyBig Fish Games
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.