Director, Corporate and Financial Communications
2 months ago
Director, Corporate and Financial Communications
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. Every month, our global community spends over 3B hours on our platform exploring millions of immersive digital experiences. We believe in building a safe, civil, and diverse community—one that inspires and fosters creativity and positive relationships between people around the world.
In 2020, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role and be part of the meteoric success of Roblox. We want team members who believe in the power of play and take it seriously, but aren’t afraid to have fun while they’re doing it. Are you ready to take Roblox – and your career – to the next level?
Much like our platform, the possibilities at Roblox are limitless. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the ongoing success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. If that someone is you, let’s talk.
Roblox is seeking an experienced, strategic corporate communications leader to join our growing communications team. This leader will build and protect our growing brand with a focus on establishing Roblox as the leading user-generated platform within the financial and business media; and drive the development and amplification of our corporate story. He or she will also lead media communications related to major financial events and company achievements supporting our CFO and Investor Relations team. As a leader on the Corporate Communications team, this person will also support both proactive and reactive priorities in support of business objectives.
The successful candidate will be a results-driven, business-minded and solutions-oriented individual that demonstrates excellent judgement and is adept at multitasking in a fast-paced, global environment. This person embraces working collaboratively with a high-energy group of individuals who are passionate about the Roblox brand.
This role reports to the Vice President of Corporate Communications and is based at Roblox HQs in San Mateo, CA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead and execute financial media communications
- Evolve corporate story in partnership with Finance/IR
- Develop creative story ideas and strategic narratives that increase understanding of Roblox’s unique/rare business model, the innovation from product to bring the vision to life, the value we deliver as a platform to users and developers and our long-term growth opportunities to investor-facing media
- Work closely with our legal and finance teams, particularly around company achievements / financial events, including but not limited to earnings, M&As, series financing and other investor relations activities
- Partner with corporate, consumer, international and internal communications to align messaging
- Promote and craft Roblox’s reputation through a goal-based, measurable strategy and plan
- Provide executive leadership team with media coaching and training
- Manage and build media relationships with a focus on investor-facing press
- Engage in issues management
- Create, drive and execute a range of communications plans, as well media engagements
- Execute frequent media outreach around financial events, including backgrounding reporters, error correcting and facilitating client media interviews, as appropriate
- Provide regular counsel to leadership
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 10+ years relevant financial communications preferably with time spent in a public company
- Business acumen and fluency in the fundamentals of financial communications, including an understanding of financial performance measures
- Self-starter, creative, problem-solver, critical thinker
- Collaborative attitude: ability to bring people together
- Strong, concise writer who is comfortable selling ideas both internally and externally
- Agency management experience
- Comfort with tight deadlines and a fast-paced environment where things move and change quickly
- Track record of M&A comms/comms around other major financial events
- Proven skilled media relations strategist and practitioner with “tier one” and business media relations experience
- Extensive relationships and experience working with influential financial and business media, both traditional, blogs and social media
- Thrives under pressure and can handle multiple projects in a demanding, deadline-oriented environment, while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Exercises exceptional judgment when working with clients, team members and vendors
- Communicates clearly, analytically and persuasively both orally and in writing
- Pays close attention to detail and quality
- Adept at solving problems and resolving conflicts
- Self-motivated, willing to roll your sleeves up to work collaboratively and effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination