Director - Corporate Engineering
18 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
We are looking for an accomplished Director to lead our Systems Engineering Team who understands customer obsession and wants to build a culture of customer-first partnerships across Twitch. You will report to the Sr. Director of Corporate Engineering & Services. You will be collaborative, and work with every level of the engineering team in leading Twitch's Corporate Engineering Team. This team is composed of AWS Infrastructure and Operations Engineers responsible for building/maintaining our AWS infrastructure, Tableau deployment, Client Platforms and Operations. You will grow your team and domain of expertise at Twitch. You will have experience in people development and technical AWS infrastructure experience staying ahead of technology trends.
- Lead an accomplished team of Engineers building solutions on AWS to support Twitch's internal systems
- Work with our internal users on requirements, goals and measures
- Provide input and recommendations on technical issues to the Sr. Director of Corporate Engineering
- Work to understand the needs of a growing technology organization
- Lead meetings and presentations with all partners
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6 years leading cloud infrastructure engineering teams supporting business essential applications
- Skills in Infrastructure as code (terraform, cloud formation), Python, Ansible, Kubernetes, automation frameworks and configuration management
- Proficient in AWS services such as EC2, S3, Route 53, Lamba, RDS and others
- Proficiency in writing functional automation
- Communicate technical information and coordinate cross-team efforts
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with SAP infrastructure
- Experience with infrastructure supporting middleware platforms such as Informatica or Mulesoft
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.