Director - Content Acquisitions
Los Angeles, CA
19 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
The Global Talent Business team owns the full cycle business relationships with global talent agencies and representation organizations that serve Twitch’s top global creators. We work with agencies and organizations on new deal generation and deal renewals for prospective and current top partners. Additionally, the team ensures successful post-signing go to market planning across the relevant teams at Twitch. You will support internal renewal efforts for top-tier Twitch partners including contract negotiation and execution. You have a history of closing and bringing to fruition deals in the entertainment industry and new media and able to assist the GTB team to negotiate terms that benefit Twitch communities.
You will report into the Senior Director, Content Acquisitions.
- Support renewal efforts for top Twitch partners, managing contract negotiation and execution
- Identify and recruit individual content producers and other content creators
- Establish relationships with external strategic partners such as talent agencies and management companies
- Perform basic deal modeling for upcoming deals
- Use data analysis to support content acquisition and renewal efforts
- Create memorandum convincing team members of value and strategic goals of pending deals
- Represent Twitch in both endemic and new content markets at events across North America
- Educate new/potential partners on Twitch products and best practices
- 5+ years of supporting a deal team with some deal making experience
- 5+ years experience in an external facing role with a digital content distribution platform, content studio, MCN, talent agency or similar
- Excellent verbal, written , and interpersonal skills
- Interpret and summarize data to support deal structuring
- Experience with business modeling and strategic analysis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and flexible
- Proven ability to work on multiple deals at once
- 4+ years of supporting a deal team with some deal making experience
- Travel to industry conventions such as Pax, E3, VidCon, Comic-Con,
- Familiarity with the Twitch platform as both a user and broadcaster
- Existing relationships in the content creator community
- Existing professional relationships with agencies, management companies
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
According to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.