This job might no longer be available.
Director Client Services
Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
6 months ago
For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
At Wizards of the Coast, we believe there will always be a place for legendary games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We also believe that technology should empower every Wizard to perform at their highest level.
We are seeking a Director Client Services to join our team. The Director Client Services will be responsible for delivering IT services with a focus on building role-optimized experiences that have a low barrier to use and increase productivity. Desktop services covers a broad set of responsibilities including desktop hardware and software, asset management, messaging services, audio & video communications, corporate desktop tools and more. These responsibilities work in collaboration with the Software Engineering, IT Engineering, Creative, and Professional Services teams, partnering with leaders of all disciplines to improve efficiency.
We’re looking for someone who understands the value in IT driven productivity, with an emphasis on crafting a developer ready environment, is relentless in ensuring tools and technology perform to the highest standards in order to enable all teams to work as quickly as possible in building phenomenal products. This role reports into our parent company, Hasbro, and plays a meaningful role in ensuring corporate compliance is balanced with developer productivity.
- Drive strategic vision and desktop services portfolio to maintain alignment with Wizard’s long-range growth plans.
- Work with key partners and take an active role in procuring and evaluating new hardware and software to ensure it meets the needs of each business.
- Drive continuous delivery and improvement across Asset Management, Change Management, and Incident Management, as it specifically relates to Desktop Services.
- Partner with the Creative, internal Studio and IT Engineering teams to continue to strength the relationship between the teams. Work to improve communication, knowledge sharing, scope of work and ownership between the teams.
- Direct daily the tasks and priorities for the desktop support team.
- Work with key partners to drive improvements to the on-boarding and off-boarding process.
- Identity areas of improvement for the desktop team and then work to implement policy and staffing changes to execute on those improvements.
- Handle the highly confidential hardware assets and make sure all required protocols for distribution and asset tracking are followed.
- Use 3rd party and internal tools to provide tactical solutions in order to resolve desktop support service requests.
- 8+ years of experience in a leadership role running Desktop Services and related tech
- 3+ years’ experience supporting Windows desktop systems in an enterprise network.
- Ability to build effective cross-group working relationships and work cross-functionally with people at all levels of the organization.
- Broad knowledge of technology needs for game software development
- Experienced knowledge of configuration and asset management
- Exceptional customer relationship skills.
- Experience collaborating with creative teams
- Deep appreciation for developer productivity
- Deep appreciation for KPI driven results
- Ability to champion a dynamic and reciprocal team environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Superb attention to detail and decision-making skills
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.