Director, Business Operations
14 days ago
Job Title:Director, Business Operations
As the Director, Business Operations at Activision Blizzard, you will be an integral leader across Activision Blizzard’s operations. In this role, you will report to the Vice President, Business Activation and work in close partnership with the President and Chief Operating Officer of Activision Blizzard. This includes responsibility for project management of critical, corporate, cross-company, and cross functional initiatives. You will also work in partnership with the executive team and various business units to help operationalize the company’s strategy across governance processes, operational meetings/cadences, and cross-company initiatives.
The Director, Business Operations role includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks/duties:
- Scope, design, and lead cross-company projects end-to-end to enable and support key strategic priorities
- Partner with operational leaders to help ensure joint priorities are met -- lead meetings, manage the process, and work with all stakeholders to drive progress/achievement
- Optimize how executive and business leaders make decisions within and across key projects and operational processes including monthly and quarterly operating check-ins
- Actively participate in key operational processes across the company to drive alignment and execution on key initiatives, including on long-range planning, AOP/budgeting, TA/recruiting, company goal/priority setting, and forecasting
- Act as a sounding board and thought partner to the Sr. Director of Business Activation and executive stakeholders to help problem-solve and drive results
- Support and drive topic-specific conversations at the highest levels of leadership
- Partner with Strategy, Finance, HR, and Comms to define and cascade the company strategy throughout the organization
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 6-10 years of experience in a top strategy consulting firm and/or strategic operations, business operations, finance, or strategy organization. They will also have a track record of increasing responsibility in driving and executing transformational projects in the technology, consumer, media and/or interactive entertainment industries.
Aligned with the cultural values and business focus of the company, qualified candidates must demonstrate the following traits: strong communication skills, attention-to-detail, creativity, strong work ethic, collaborative orientation, proactive approach, business and financial orientation, a can-do attitude, comfort in a matrixed organization, and flexibility when dealing with ambiguity.
Additional requirements include:
- Ability to work and engage cross-functionally and build strong relationships with executive and broader business leadership
- Excellent executive communication skills, both written and verbal, and through any instance (over the phone, video conference, face-to-face)
- Demonstrated positive impact on business performance at current and previous companies, including shepherding and leading strategic projects
- Personal presence, maturity, excellent interpersonal skills and the cultural sensitivity to work with a diverse, international team
- Ability to develop and grow cross-company & cross-functional colleague network
- Excellent business and financial acumen
- Understanding of technology, consumer, media and/or interactive entertainment industries
- Undergraduate degree required. MBA degree strongly preferred
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We’re proud to be recognized as one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®” for four consecutive years and have earned a spot on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists. Our 10,000+ global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.