Director, Application Security
2 months ago
Job Title:Director, Application Security
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As the director of application security strategy, your mission will be to measure risk state within our studio environments while introduce strategic mechanisms to reduce risk across ABK studios. We do this by helping to build security in early to the software development lifecycles in a manner that limits friction and enables a secure by default stance. This person will work with the studios, CTOs, and development teams to understand the current capabilities to develop secure code. They will then baseline those practices for each studio, highlight areas high maturity that can be scaled across other studios, while identifying areas where increased investment or resources may need to occur.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
· Create a multiyear strategy with operational plans for the year
· Baseline the security maturity of the development practices within each ABK studio.
· Identify areas of opportunity to increase the rigor within the development teams and procure the resourcing to make that happen.
· Highlight areas high maturity and create mechanisms to scale those services across other studios.
· Develop and institute a studio-based feedback mechanisms for Application Security following the NetPromoter methodology
· Establish an Application Security scorecard that will create greater visibility and transparency to C Level executives and the Board of Directors as to the risks associated with application and product security practices.
· Create a bi-directional communication mechanism that creates clarity of Information Security expectations in the BUs as well as the unique needs within the BUs.
· Must have 10+ years managing in an Information, Product or Cyber Security organization.
· Extensive knowledge of ISMS structures, low friction governance mechanisms, and the BSIMM security maturity methodology.
· Strong understanding of development practices and development lifecycles.
· Proven ability to create actionable scorecards that drive action and ultimately risk reduction.
· Create and maintain a capability to capture and aggregate application security data from decentralized organizations and enrich that data with other data sets.
· Must have a strong working knowledge of CVEs, CWEs, CVSS, and other industry recognized security issue prioritization mechanisms.
· Be able to effectively translate weaknesses and vulnerabilities into risks and ultimately inserted into a risk register.
· Coding, big data, and compliance experience.
· Experience influencing the business directly as a business-oriented information security manager/officer.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined
entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.