Director, Analytics - Respawn
13 days ago
The Respawn team is looking for a Director to lead their Analytics team. You will lead a motivated team responsible for working across Respawn titles including Apex (HD& Mobile) and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. You will report directly to the VP of Studio, Data & Insights and will provide data and analytics support and strategic direction to shape the future of the games by collaborating with our studio partners and executive team. You are a sharp, articulate, analytics leader with a passion for developing healthy teams and making an impact.
- You will guide a vision for the Respawn analytics team and lead this group to bring insights to help our teams make games players love and influence Respawn strategy
- You will provide insights to improve in-game live services, including in-game economy
- You have experience leading the work and driving decisions resulting from experimentation on digital platforms
- Establish and own ongoing and deep-dive reporting and delivery of applicable insights for the data portfolio and across studios, including business forecasts and player engagement analytics.
- You will build meaningful relationships and influence partners in our development studios, marketing and Respawn executives teams
- Lead a team of 10+ analytics and data science professionals in multiple regions.
- You are a master storyteller, and develop and bring clear data led reports and presentations
- You find new opportunities to use data to improve the player experience, improve the product, improve incremental revenue and reduce costs across the Portfolio
- You enjoy collaboration and work across the Sports analytics team and Global Analytics group, including Data Science, Marketing Analytics, Consumer Insights, and User Experience Research
- You understand what data drives results and partner with teams to create reports and develop tailored dashboards for live service teams and executives
- You show a commitment to equity and inclusion through both words and actions, building an inclusive culture ensuring everyone can contribute and feel welcomed and valued.
What we're looking for:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 7+ years of experience leading analytics, data science/engineering teams in gaming or tech.
- Experience leading and coaching presentations to large groups, including executive management
- Ability to build healthy, diverse teams and coach analytics talent to develop their skillset
- Proficiency with SQL: including querying large data sets
- Familiarity with a data visualization software package
- Working knowledge of Excel including macros, pivot tables, vlookups, charts and graphs
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with multiple teams and partners
- MS or Ph.D in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or Engineering Sciences