This job might no longer be available.
Director, Accounting Operations
2 months ago
As the Director of Accounting Operations for Unity, you will lead our team of AP, payroll, and expense reimbursement professionals to define strategies and drive execution for the general ledger close and account reconciliation and consolidation processes, as well as oversee America’s and EMEA payroll, statutory audits, and financial reporting. You will have the opportunity to drive continuous improvements to systems and establish the processes of a newly public company. Additionally, you will collaborate closely with finance and accounting leadership as well as the c-suite to impact our bottom-line and drive results!
What you'll be doing:
- Manage the full cycle General Ledger close process for month-end, quarter-end and year-end, to ensure accounts are properly reconciled, reviewed, and reported in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Drive the inter-company, revaluation, allocation, elimination, consolidation processes.
- Oversee EMEA and Americas Payroll functions. Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of payroll processing; drive the continuous process and system improvements including payroll system implementation; and review payroll reports for completeness and accuracy.
- Oversee EMEA and Americas Accounts Payable and expense reimbursement functions.
- Manage EMEA and Americas statutory audits and financial reporting.
- Ensure SOX compliance and maintain internal controls for the respective areas of responsibility by monitoring/updating accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Integrate acquired companies for the respective areas of responsibility to ensure a smooth and timely transition/integration.
- Coach, mentor and lead a team across multiple functions focused on high quality deliverables and fosters learning, open communication, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Lead special accounting projects as needed.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of increased responsibility in accounting experience, preferably with both private and public companies.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and work in time-sensitive situations.
- High level of attention to detail, aptitude for planning/managing deadlines
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written), organizational, and project planning skills. Must have the ability to effectively work and communicate with all levels/functions throughout the company. Should be customer-service driven and have a positive outlook.
- Previous experience in the technology industry is highly desired.
- Collaborative and team-oriented.
- Experience with supervising managers and driving automation/system implementations.
- Able to analyze sophisticated concepts, and make recommendations and decisions based upon good judgment.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.