This job might no longer be available.
Senior Quality Verification Manager
11 days ago
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
As the senior member of the Quality Verification team in Montreal reporting to the QV Sr. Development Director, you will be a member of the leadership team for the studio products and will provide your insight and experience (with a QA lens) on how we will achieve product quality.
What you'll do:
The Sr. QV Manager will oversee the Quality Verification strategy of unannounced products being developed at Motive Montreal and help chart the course for the discipline in that location. Working with our teams across Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering, Data Analytics, and your Development partners, you will ensure the quality verification strategy is supported by the correct structure and skills, while building an organization focused on upstream bug prevention using technology.
- Champion "Player First" and be an advocate for the player in everything we do.
- Work with the QV Sr. Development Director and Studio leadership to establish location specific goals, Quality Assurance strategies ensuring plans meet quality expectations and budget.
- Work within our distributed leadership team to program manage changes to our workflows and processes.
- With your team of managers and quality designers, build Quality Verification strategies for our products, focused on bringing the best solutions to the table (data, automation, tools, and qualitative).
- Build a solid Quality Engineering discipline to support the quality tool and automation needs for the project.
- Establish methods for Grey/White box testing on appropriate features/tools.
- Plan pre-integration content testing strategies.
- Guide the use of Automation, Tools, and accompanying workflows within Motive Studio QV.
- Work to build capacity and budgetary requirements for QA covering staffing costs throughout the organization and maintain project cost tracking actuals to forecast.
- Track existing and create new metrics to measure the project and the impact of process improvements, identifying patterns and new solutions.
- Mentor your team of Managers and Quality Designers to be a progressive Quality Verification group up to the challenge of the upcoming project slate.
What you bring:
- Track record building well performing teams.
- Knowledge of software development and QA processes.
- Experience working with or managing distributed and remote teams.
- Dynamic approach to management, always looking for new ways to approach a problem or your responsibilities.
- Experience in change management.
- University degree education in a relevant domain or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of QA or Software Development leadership experience or ability to apply experience to similar context.
- Project Management and Agile methodology awareness is necessary.