3D Engine and Compositing Artist
10 days ago
Crytek is looking for a passionate and experienced 3D Engine and Compositing Artist
to work on Hunt: Showdown
Join our team and embark on an exciting journey with Crytek’s AAA title, Hunt: Showdown. We are seeking a skilled individual who possesses the talent to bring our game's content to life. Your role will be pivotal in showcasing our new events, including our formidable hunters, deadly monsters, intricately crafted weaponry and more. You will be working in CRYENGINE to compose beautiful scenes and capture 3D assets, to then produce 2D art which will be used for the in-game UI and for marketing.
*Portfolio link, which shows sample work is necessary*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Working in CRYENGINE to capture game assets
- Having a good eye for composition
- Being able to set dress and light scenes
- Expert level in photoshop, you will be expected to composite renders from the engine and overpaint images
- Overpaint and create compositions using multiple engine renders and F/X
- 3+ years experience working on AAA or AA games
- Portfolio containing game art (produced for marketing, UI or production, for example)
- Experience with and using game engines to create scenes, worlds and environments, CRYENGINE is a bonus
- Understanding of lighting techniques
- Expert level in Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with a 3D modelling program (preferably 3ds Max or Maya)
What you can expect from us
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio.
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives.
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.*
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).*
Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro – free of charge.*
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity.
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family.
Join us on our exciting company events, including new starter breakfasts, summer and winter parties, our annual trip to Gamescom in Cologne, and many more!*
We are all gamers: stay connected and play games with your colleagues at our remote gaming parties.
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.