Digital Product Manager
9 days ago
Sago Mini is an award-winning publisher of preschool apps and toys worldwide. We are supported by a team of artists, designers, developers, product managers, thinkers, and doers devoted to play. With over 100 million downloads, three subscription services, and 40+ apps, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for kids and parents worldwide.
You have an entrepreneurial mindset and love to apply your business skills to help products grow and connect with their audience. You may come into this role from a variety of backgrounds - business, technical or marketing - but you have a strong interest in all three. You have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of product management and have natural leadership skills. You can bring together qualitative as well as quantitative insights to make well-reasoned decisions. You thrive in an agile product development environment and lean toward action. You enjoy working in a team and leading them through tough challenges. Your colleagues appreciate your level-headed problem-solving abilities, your lack of ego, and your ‘hands on’ approach to getting things done.
About the Role
Sago Mini is seeking a Digital Product Manager to guide one of our core products through its next phase of growth. Sago Mini develops ground-breaking playful learning product that puts kids at the center of the experience. As a Digital Product Manager, you will be the product’s biggest advocate, working with the team to shape the product roadmap. This is a senior position suitable for candidates with 5+ years of related experience.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead the product strategy and serve as the product’s biggest advocate to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Own the product roadmap; constantly prioritize & re-prioritize features against team goals.
- Oversee the implementation of new features.
- Identify and assess growth opportunities.
- Set up experiments to continually improve KPIs.
- Have a deep love for uncovering customer needs and market trends.
- Manage stakeholders across teams to work toward a single vision.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in a business, education, technical or related field.
- 2+ years of product management or related experience, preferably in SAAS development.
5+ years professional experience working in software or game development.
- Experience working with software development or gaming production.
- Strong data analysis skills.
Nice to Haves
- Background in education technology products.
- Knowledge of Mixpanel or similar analytics tools.
- Practical experience managing app production.
- Experience managing subscription-based products.
About the Process
- You’ll get an email response confirming we’ve received your application, and we’ll let you know within a few weeks if we’d like to schedule a follow-up.
- If you’re moving ahead, we’ll book a call to learn more about your experience.
- If that goes well, we’ll send you a short homework assignment to get a better feel for your skillset.
- If the assignment goes well, we’ll book an interview with you and the hiring team to dive deeper.
- At this point, you’re a strong contender for the role! We’ll have you meet for a chat with the team you’d work closely with prior to making a decision.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Based in Toronto, Sago Sago Toys of Spin Master Limited a leading global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.