Digital Merchandising Strategist
Geneva Geneva Switzerland
13 days ago
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Digital Merchandising Strategist will join our Global Commercial Organization, as part of the Digital Team, a passionate global team putting players first by delivering relevant content, promotions, and amazing experiences to players everywhere.
You will be part of a team leading the transition to digital through new business models, evolving with the dynamic landscape of the industry. As a part of this evolution, we are looking for creative individuals interested in working together at the forefront of bringing games to market, managing their life cycle and delivering outstanding online experiences.
You will be the global lead, driving merchandising strategies for selected EA games through full life cycles. Working with internal marketing, operations and international commercial teams, you will be an important contributor to our overall mission, by designing seamless player journeys across multiple digital channels, identifying merchandising strategies to increase conversion and engagement, and help achieve digital sales targets on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, Origin and Steam stores, globally.
You will report to the Global Merchandising Sr. Manager and will be an essential contributor to the broader Global Commercial Organization.
What a Digital Merchandising Strategist does at EA:
- Create merchandising plans and manage display space on e-tail sites and partner programs, to maximize the reach and visibility of content and its relevance to each player segment, including personalizing content, pricing, and promotions.
- Work with internal partners, such as Global Brand, Marketing Campaign, Strategy & Planning, Commercial and Operation teams to merchandise content and promotions on digital channels, to meet revenue and player goals.
- Work with external partners, such as PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo and Steam to negotiate and implement merchandising plans and representation across their digital channels.
- Build test and learn plans for new merchandising strategies to improve digital experience, value, and performance.
- Work with design teams to build materials that comply with digital channel guidelines and are tightly linked with the merchandising strategy.
- Provide weekly and monthly updates to all partners with merchandising postmortems reviews and upcoming plans.
- Partner with internal studio and marketing teams to promote commercial messaging across all our local social and community channels.
- Keep all merchandising trackers updated and work with partners to ensure relevant content and assets are delivered.
- Audit weekly, EA and competitor’s presence on digital storefronts to report observations, best-practices and evaluate financial value of placements.
The next great EA Digital Merchandising Strategist also needs:
- 1+ years of experience in Marketing Campaign roles, in the gaming and digital entertainment industry.
- Channel or promotions marketing experience preferred.
- Work proactively to ensure agreement within the team and with extended partners.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills adapted for a global remit.
- Experience designing and optimizing digital consumer journeys/experiences and associated merchandising processes.
- Gaming and industry knowledge or passionate about video games and familiarity with EA products and subscription services.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Can maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Game & digital download credit
- Pension scheme
- Stock plans
- Travel subsidies
- Semi-private medical, dental and life insurance
- 22 days of annual leave
- Excellent location in Central Geneva, 10 minutes from the train station
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Please apply with a cover letter and CV in English.