Digital Media Analyst [Consumer Experience]
Malmö Skåne County se
3 months ago
“Every human advancement or reversal can be understood through communication” (Walter H. Annenberg)
Digital media such as websites, social media, distribution platforms, chat platforms, forums, videos, live streams, podcasts, and more, have radically changed consumer expectations in regards to communications. Digital media also allows Massive Entertainment to pursue new opportunities in order to better address the needs and interests of our players and foster satisfaction and loyalty.
The Consumer Experience team at Massive believes in data-driven research to better understand the digital landscape for video games and entertainment, assess the relevance and performance of our existing communications and consumer engagement strategies, and explore the development of innovative communications leveraging the untapped potential of the ever-changing digital ecosystem. Our team sits at the intersection of cross-functional consumer research, strategic consumer and community engagement, content creation (articles, videos, live streams…) and advanced data analytics. We believe that leveraging innovative research and putting our players at the center will help us to continuously improve our communication efforts and will enable smarter, more personalized and bidirectional interactions between our gamers, our communities and game creators.
You intrinsically understand digital media; you like working with cross-sourced data and building dashboards; you love quantifying the unquantifiable; you are interested in communities and want to explore new ways to engage them; you want to support the development of more efficient communications; and you can spot future trends long before they become generally known phenomena. Join our team and improve the experience for millions of players of our games and users of our services worldwide.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Helping to define relevant KPIs for our content, engagement programs and digital platforms;
- Collecting and collating the KPIs in dashboards to support stakeholders in their decision-making processes;
- Developing methodologies to correlate the impact of communications and consumer engagement programs with various high-level KPIs (eg. community sentiment);
- Empowering Community Developers to build innovative engagement programs that have a directly measurable impact on key metrics such as retention and playtime;
- Maintaining a comparative benchmark for digital KPIs across the entertainment industry;
- Evaluating the level of success of all our outreach efforts and suggest opportunities for improvement;
- Supporting the development of more personalized communications and more granular engagement;
Primarily you burn for unraveling how messages shape, persuade and change human behavior. This role is inherently multidisciplinary; ideally you have a background in business or marketing studies but have also dabbled with social, behavioral and cognitive psychology. You are also a statistition, able to quickly model trends over time. Most importantly for you, moving across digital media channels and platforms is second nature. Additionally you are analytical, driven, curious and focused on quality. You have great communication skills and are able to argue for your choices in terms of priorities as well as methods. You are able to explain difficult concepts to relevant stakeholders that do not share your knowledge. Digital media is your passion, so you keep updated with latest developments, research, methods and findings and you share this knowledge with everyone around you.
- Master degree in Business, Marketing, Communication Science, Experimental Psychology (cognitive, behavioral or social), other relevant field or equivalent work experience;
- Proven record of accomplishment in applying research methods to construct scientifically testable theories about how communications are created, transmitted and received;
- Experience in designing scientific research studies and evaluating how research data supports communication theories;
- Experience working with digital media platforms (e.g. SoMe);
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who can continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.