This job might no longer be available.
Digital Matte Painter - Contract
5 months ago
Rooster Teeth Animation is looking for a Digital Matte Painter to become a part of our ever-growing team! The ideal candidate has professional experience as a Background Artist or Matte Painter for a stylized project, and would be excited to work in animation. You will effectively create Matte Paintings, Paintovers, Skyboxes and Background Paintings using both Photoshop and Nuke to deliver the best quality possible within production’s needs.
*In this climate of constant change, candidates must be able to work and telecommunicate from home.
- Create set extensions to shots by delivering matte paintings and/or skyboxes.
- Provide Nuke Scripts of a given Matte or Skybox to the Comp Team
- Work closely with the Art Director and the Art team to create assets that fit within the style of the show and follows the concept closely
- Collaborate with the Production group to develop tasks that ensure assignments are able to deliver on schedule
- Minimum 2 years of industry or related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of advanced matte painting techniques
- Well versed in Stylistic Art Styles.
- Proficient in time management of multiple priorities and tasks within a set deadline.
- Ability to combine 2D & 3D elements with projections in Nuke.
- Experience in creating stylistic 360 background art.
- Knowledgable in camera focal lengths, composition and final delivery requirements.
- Demo Reel and Resume
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community built entertainment company. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com
hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com