12 days ago
Bungie is looking for an experienced Dialogue Lead to shepherd spoken dialogue from script preparation through recording to final integration on an exciting new title!
As a Dialogue Lead, you will be responsible for planning and overseeing the production and implementation of in-game dialogue. You will report to the project Audio Lead. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of audio storytelling in an interactive medium, as well as proven technical and creative skills in delivering compelling dialogue-driven character performances. You will be working closely with the Audio Lead, Narrative Director, Narrative Leads, Designers, and various Content Creators to iterate on processes and content to meet the needs of the evolving narrative experience of a live game.
This position requires a self-motivated, creative, optimistic problem-solver. With a focus on teamwork and cross-discipline collaboration, you will have a fantastic opportunity to work with a talented team of storytellers to deliver compelling character performances in the Destiny universe.
- Coordinate with Audio Lead to ensure that best practices are being adhered to in Dialogue Production.
- Align with Narrative Director on casting goals and overall creative direction.
- Collaborate with Narrative and Production to ensure achievable dialogue scope and schedules.
- Manage project-specific VO budgets.
- Build and maintain relationships with external casting agencies and oversee the casting process from beginning to end.
- Coordinate with recording studios to book and schedule sessions.
- Work closely with the Narrative Director, Narrative Leads, Audio Leads, Writers, and Designers to prepare scripts for recording sessions.
- Collaborate with the VO Director to get the best performances from our actors.
- Oversee the delivery of recorded dialogue assets, on time and at quality.
- Liaise with the Sound Design Team to drive dialogue post-processing and mix.
- Polish placement and timing of the final dialogue to craft an immersive experience.
- Provide input into dialogue deployment mechanisms to achieve compelling characterizations.
- Drive new tools, technology, and processes to support the dialogue pipeline.
- Promote teamwork and healthy collaboration between the dialogue team and cross-discipline
- Strong understanding of character, storytelling, and dialogue production for video games.
- Sensitivity to the needs of game dialogue to reflect a range of expressions and identities.
- Demonstrated experience with in-game dialogue, creative and/or VO direction.
- History of collaboration across multiple disciplines including writing, design, and audio.
- Extensive experience with manual and automated dialogue editorial, cleanup, and de-noising.
- Ability to define process and practices to manage large quantities of voice assets.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a passion for adherence to naming conventions.
- Must be open to and willing to respond to feedback on multiple levels.
- Experience with Games as a Service (GaaS).
- Familiarity with the Destiny franchise.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Most Bungie employees and contractors will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, or WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.