This job might no longer be available.
Montreal QC ca
5 months ago
As a Development Tester at Ubi MTL, you’ll be the validation before integration, responsible for the quality of a specific feature throughout production. You’ll resolve issues efficiently to make sure bugs and glitches don’t end up in the final version of a game.
As you test, you consider every possible choice and move a player might make during gameplay. Working alongside artists, designers, programmers, and the like, you get to the root of problems and find solutions to fix them. Thanks to you, once the game finally hits the market, what players will come to uncover is not only a game that’s playable but an experience that’s enjoyable.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with your team lead to understand the overall game vision & design documentation.
- Identify bugs and develop test plans for your assigned feature (e.g. mission, AI, audio, UI, gameplay, engine, online, etc.).
- Follow up on functionality bugs found by internal + external teams, and coordinate their correction (sort, prioritize, and assign to the right developers).
- Work with other development testers to stay up to date, fix features, suggest solutions to setbacks, share knowledge, etc.
- Meet with the development team to discuss progress, provide your creative input, etc.
- Create custom game versions, reproducing bugs to evaluate their risks.
- Write and maintain documentation, detailing defects found and their sources.
- Contribute to coming up with ideas for automated tests & solutions to optimize the testing process.
- Create your own automated tests and analyze test results.
What you bring
- A college diploma in a video game-related program or equivalent training
- At least 2 years of experience in quality control, quality assurance, or related experience
- Knowlegde of bug tracking software (e.g. Jira), game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal), and their limitations
- Familiarity with Networking and On-Demand Infrastructure
- Proficiency with programming or programming logic and scripting
- Knowlege of test management tools such as TestRail and Xray
- An understanding of test principles and methodologies
- A highly collaborative, empathetic, and innovative spirit
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A solid understanding of the development process & a passion for video games
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.