This job might no longer be available.
11 days ago
Under the responsibility of the Dev Test team leader and based within the development team, the role of this position is to provide constant support to the development team by identifying the best testing processes to find the anomalies present in each feature and ensure their proper functioning before their integration into the game.
What you'll do
- Develop and complete the test plans by following parameters of the features and the design documents as transmitted by the development team to identify bugs and to methodically verify all the game aspects related to its work cell.
- Perform a regular and specific verification of the assigned task to its multidisciplinary production team
- Identify bugs as the features are added by using development tools
- Isolate, reproduce and evaluate bugs according to Ubisoft Standards and to propose possible solutions
- Accurately describe the bugs that were found by using JIRA database and to coordinate with other members of the development team to ensure resolution
- Identify risks related to the quality of the game during content meetings regarding the progress of the project and to demonstrate progress to the creative team
- Perform follow up of functional bugs that were found by the external teams
- Provide follow up of functional bug fixes in real time with the development team
- Communicate to the contributors (immediate supervisor, members of the development team and testers) information about the bugs that were identified and other tasks of the cell;
- Capture images or videos
- Follow all security rules related to version manipulation
- Ensure that the best practices are maintained in testing with the co development teams
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
- A college diploma in computer sciences
- Specialized diploma related to the industry, training in video game testing or any other equivalent training
- One (1) year of experience in Quality Control in the video game industry (asset)
- Any other experience in the industry or in a related area
- Knowledge of bug tracking software (e.g. Jira) and test management tools (e.g. TestRail and Xray)
- An understanding of test principles and methodologies
- A highly collaborative, empathetic, and innovative spirit
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A solid understanding of the development process & a passion for video games
Ubisoft Saguenay is a multidisciplinary team building video games since 2018. We’re looking for passionate creators who want to design outstanding games and deliver memorable experiences to our players.
When you join Ubisoft Saguenay, you play a key role in creating world-class video games.
At the studio, you’ll discover an innovative, dynamic and creative world: a unique environment that offers constant career advancement, a welcoming learning environment and competitive compensation packages.
You’ll work on prestigious titles in partnership with our Canadian Ubisoft studios.
Create the unknown. Join the adventure!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.