This job might no longer be available.
Toronto ON ca
7 months ago
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading development of Watch Dogs: Legion, in stores March 2020. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for four consecutive years and in 2018, one of GamesIndustry.biz Best Places to Work.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
Reporting to the QC team lead or Production Manager and physically based within the development team, the Development Tester will provide constant support to the development team by determining any anomalies prior to integration into the game version in an effort to ensure that the features do not regress after integration.
Interested candidates MUST submit a 1-page game review (game of your choice) along with your resume and cover letter!
Type of position: Contract
The main and routine tasks of the Development tester are to:
- Follow up on and complete the test plans drawn up by the development team/team lead to pinpoint the bugs and methodically verify all of the aspects of the game pertaining to his/her work cell and take part in the development of test cases;
- Carry out regular and specific checks on the integrations into the version that will be delivered;
- Isolate and reproduce the bugs to assess gravity and probability based on QC studio standards and suggests solutions in certain cases;
- Detail the bugs using the database and/or reports to facilitate follow up;
- Log images and/or videos to enhance bug descriptions;
- Follow up on the assignment of the functionality bugs detected by external teams;
- Follow up on bug corrections by the development team using internal tools and manage bug assignment;
- Communicate information on the bugs that are detected to all those involved (immediate supervisor, development team members and testers);
- Ensure as much prevention as possible for the development team in an effort to minimize the number of functionality bugs prior to debugging;
- Directly support the development team by reproducing the bugs in real time, validating the changelists and carrying out feature validation tests and scopes;
- Follow all security rules regarding the manipulation of the versions;
- Take part in game content meetings on the advancement of the project to explain the progress to the creative team;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- College diploma and/or game tester training an asset.
- One year’s experience in quality control in the video game industry an asset;
- Experience/knowledge in one or various of the following video game related fields: Programming (C++, C#, etc.), 3ds Max, Maya, Photoshop, game engines, level design, audio tools etc. an asset;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to rapidly adapt to change;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to manage concurrent projects.
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Knowledge of video game industry terms;
- Knowledge of the Windows environment;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Located in Toronto's up-and-coming Junction Triangle neighbourhood since 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a studio full of passionate and experienced game developers focused on making innovative and exciting games. With over 35 languages spoken, Ubisoft Toronto is as diverse as the booming city it calls home. At Ubisoft Toronto, we are passionate about positive culture. We host monthly team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives like on-site yoga, on-site occupational therapists, flexible days, and an abundance of fresh fruit to promote a balanced life.
Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and we provide the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
Join us and see for yourself why Ubisoft is rated one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People multiple years running!
We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts who know what it takes to ship world-class games and the next generation of game developer all-stars. We value team chemistry and a desire to grow our studio together. If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
Ubisoft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.