This job might no longer be available.
18 days ago
Working as an integral part of the development team you will be an expert in the tools and technologies needed to ensure deliverables of the highest quality. From working through design and implementation decisions with your assigned feature team to defining test cases and implementing new test processes and strategies you will be the go-to person on the team for all testing expertise.
· Provide expert level test support for the development team throughout all stages of development.
· Participate in feature planning acting as the key test stakeholder. This will include understanding features delivered, requesting information and tools as needed and proposing potential solutions to any foreseen risks.
· Plan, communicate and deliver test coverage for your assigned team including creation of all necessary test cases and supporting documentation.
· Champion and implement efficient testing approaches including test automation.
· Research and introduce new testing tools and techniques wherever possible to improve coverage and efficiency.
· Highlight risks and issues found to your Lead and Producers as necessary.
· Perform formal and informal training and support of more junior testers within the team and wider studio to pass on your knowledge and expertise.
· Liaise with external test teams ensuring they have a deep understanding of features delivered, all necessary documentation, test plans as well as tools needed to provide the highest quality of test coverage.
The candidate must have
· At least 5 years’ experience in test roles in total.
· With a minimum of 3 years’ experience and one shipped title from start to finish in a senior embedded role working alongside development teams.
· A strong understanding of development processes and the different needs of a team throughout a development cycle.
· Pro-active and self-motivated with an ability to come up with creative solutions to problems.
· X360/PS3 console experience with experience using relevant development tools, other platforms are a bonus.
· A deep understanding of testing techniques and methods including experience utilising and implementing test automation (either off the shelf or with use of custom tools).
· A solid technical grounding in development including experience dealing with AAA game engines and supporting the tools a development team needs to work.
· Very good English communication skills both verbally and written. Other languages particularly Chinese a bonus.
Should also possess some of the following:
· Shipped multiplayer games and able to show a strong understanding of networking concepts and relevant testing requirements and tools.
· Understanding of SCRUM/Agile and experiencing supporting these methodologies.
· Use of BI/Analytics in game development and relevance to testing and test coverage.
· Experience with Web Testing, Payment Providers and systems and Browser compatibility.
· Understanding of technical and performance requirements of PC titles with experience dealing with compatibility testing.
· Use of Test Case Management software.
· Play testing and Usability testing experience including methods for capturing actionable data.
· Experience working closely with build and release teams including use of version control systems.
· Familiarity with certification and submissions requirements for Sony/Microsoft.
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
Ubisoft Singapore opened its doors in July 2008 and has since become the largest AAA lead studio in Asia. We are proud of our expertise in naval technology and very excited to bring a brand new online, naval, open world IP to you – the pirate game Skull and Bones!
Our other notable achievements include working on every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II, and being the innovators of naval gameplay in Assassin’s Creed III, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Assassin’s Creed Rogue and Assassin’s Creed Origins. And did you know - Ubisoft Singapore works closely with Ubisoft Chengdu and Ubisoft Philippines as an Armada of three studios! We can’t wait to bring exhilarating and unforgettable gameplay experiences to you.
Find out more about us on our website: singapore.ubisoft.com