Development Tester [New IP] (436)
3 days ago
As part of the QC team, you will provide constant support to the assigned development cell(s) or area(s) and to the project as a whole by ensuring all changes submitted to the game are functional and to the expected level of quality.
- Find and report bugs in a clear and concise manner;
- Use project tools to assist in finding, reproducing, debugging, and reporting bugs;
- Track, review, and assign bugs in the database that are relevant to the assigned area(s);
- Perform regular regression of entered bugs to validate that they are fixed;
- Proactively give feedback on the significance and impact of the bugs encountered, the status of the build, and your perception of the game’s quality;
- Stay up-to-date with planned changes and updates from the Development team;
- Validate new/updated specific content, features, and fixes for quality and functionality, both before and after those changes are submitted to the game;
- Develop and maintain test workflows for the assigned area(s) with a focus on the efficiency of the project and the quality of the game, with the support of the Lead QA or Senior members of QC;
- Develop and complete smoke tests for the assigned area(s) or of specific builds to ensure they are usable as the project requires;
- Propose, develop, and execute test cases for the assigned area(s) with a focus on the efficiency of the project and the quality of the game;
- Create and maintain relevant documentation to aid with development and testing;
- Determine prioritisation of assigned work based on the project’s needs, and clarify requirements with relevant team members where needed;
- Generate and maintain a test schedule in advance of upcoming work with respect to the determined priorities of that work;
- Maintain good communication and productive collaboration with all team members on the project;
- Ensure the quality of new/updated project tools before they are deployed;
- Support the Development, Production, and Marketing teams with specific requests;
- Work closely with the Lead QA to ensure that all testing needs for the assigned work are correctly met.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills are essential;
- Demonstrable ability to problem solve and use initiative;
- Demonstrable ability to work as part of a team;
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and meet short deadlines;
- Demonstrable ability to take on and work with given feedback;
- Knowledge of video games industry and common terms of reference is a plus;
- Knowledge of the Windows environment and Microsoft Office software;
- Knowledge of version control software (e.g. Perforce, GitHub, etc.);
- Knowledge of scrum methodology;
- Knowledge of working with console platforms and commonly used game editors is a plus;
- Awareness of test/build automation processes is a plus;
- Awareness of software debugging methods is a plus.
- Experience using issue tracking software (e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.);
- Relevant experience as a tester (in a video game company is a plus), preferably embedded directly within a development team;
- Experience of the full development cycle of at least one shipped software product or major updates to software products;
- Any other relevant experience outside the games industry according to the skills and knowledge listed above.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.