Development Tester - Hybrid - Temporary
22 days ago
As a Development Tester at Ubi SFO, you will facilitate and maintain the quality of new and existing content for our FPS project, XDefiant. This will be achieved by evaluating the quality of features and acting as a liaison between production and QC teams.
You are very familiar with the design and intricacies of the first-person shooter genre across different franchises. This knowledge will be used to help make informed and precise decisions throughout the project in different areas.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Communicate directly with development teams and other Development Testers (locally and from other studios)
- Perform regular tests on the product and/or tools in order to ensure the required quality
- Report issues encountered with standardized format that can be easily identified and reproduced according to project guidelines
- Validate high risk changes before they are integrated into the main version in order to ensure stability and basic functionality
- Deliver feedback and reports to the development team, on a regular basis as well as on-demand
- Plan tests on specific areas and improve upon the process throughout the project
- Maintain open communication with the functionality test teams, assisting them with product details
- Directly assist Engineers and other Technical teams with performance profiling and debugging investigation across multiple platforms
- Maintain and organize testing-related office equipment for Tests, Playtests, and Director reviews
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Experience on a similar position of at least 12 months
- Extensive knowledge of the FPS video game genre
- Adapt easily to platform and workload variations
- Comfortable in writing test-cases and setting up test procedures
- Open to changes and self-improvement
- Proactive working manner
- Experience with JIRA or other bug-tracking systems
- Experience with Confluence or similar documentation tools
Offered rate is $25.00 per hour for 40 hour work weeks. Temporary Development Tester position is expected to last 12 months. This temporary role will be administered by an external Temporary Staffing service.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 24 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person to work with us on XDefiant, a new multiplatform online multiplayer action game based in our San Francisco studio.
This is a Hybrid role with occasional onsite at our SF Studio and requires location based in the Bay Area.
XDefiant is a free-to-play, fast-paced arena shooter that combines intense gunplay with personalized loadouts and specialized factions, as teams of gunfighters battle for domination.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.