Development Tester (Apex Legends)
14 days ago
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help ensure quality across a large franchise spanning multiple studios around the world. Working with the QA, Engineering, and Production groups, you will ensure Respawn's technologies meet the growing needs for the project. You will work with partners to perform Return on Investment analysis, the definition of UAT criteria, perform Tests for Completion, and ensure that our tools are outstanding.
You will report to the Development Director/Manager responsible for QA Tools and Technology.
This is a 12-month temporary role
- QA representative for Technology within the defined scope.
- Works directly with Quality Engineering team members to ensure that tools are delivered at a high quality,
- Works with leadership to promote training of tool usage and adoption.
- Provides the QA team with status updates on tool creation progress.
- Works with QA team members to understand their tool needs and the benefits that technology can bring to their areas of ownership.
- Works with the Quality Engineering team to create basic automation scripts.
- Trains less technical team members in basic script usage.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 1 or more years of experience with automation frameworks, scripting, and advocating for automated test solutions
- Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model
- Experience with agile/scrum software development
- Experience partnering with developers on content delivery as an advocate of game quality
- Experience with software development process and milestones/deadlines
- Experience working in a live service development model (i.e. sprints, releases, content deployments)