Development Team Lead – Engineering and Platform
Montreal QC ca
10 days ago
The Engineering and Platform team is the creative engine behind the "Ubisoft IT Platform" project: a single platform, offering Ubisoft teams and studio access to a set of cloud services and infrastructure in a transparent and self-service manner.
In addition to allowing them to focus on their core business, the Ubisoft IT Platform will offer many key services and products to our game development studios (access console, secret management, authentication, database management, gateway API, tracking and billing dashboard, etc.).
The Engineering and Platform department is composed of several engineering teams working in Agile mode. As a Team Lead your role to take responsibility for one or more of these development teams (5-6 people).
- Manage a team of developers in charge of the back-end development of the platform;
- Accompany the team in the evolution and optimization of the services for which it is responsible;
- Promote and ensure the best development practices with the Engineering and Platform Team;
- Work closely with the product teams and architects to continuously improve and innovate our product portfolio;
- Lead technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and constantly evolving environment;
- Keep up to date on emerging technologies and new development practices;
- Create a work environment based on trust, communication and creativity by encouraging risk taking and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent;
- Minimum 8 years of experience in development teams including at least 3 years as Team Lead or Manager.
Relevant experience and skills
- Solid experience in web design and development;
- Understanding of DevOps principals;
- Mastery of Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban;
- Ability to give feedback and make others grow;
- Ability to undertake several actions at once, delegate and prioritize tasks;
- Knowledge of Terraform, Docker, Ansible and/or Kubernetes is a plus;
- Experience working in a distributed environment is a plus;
- Bilingualism (French/English) is required both orally and in writing.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.