Development QA I
10 days ago
Crystal Dynamics, part of the Square Enix family and the studio behind the award-winning Tomb Raider game franchise as well as Marvel's Avengers , is constantly on the hunt to add even more top-tier gaming talent to our family. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best of the best to craft the most exciting projects in gaming. Our 25-plus years of development experience, as well as our studio’s combined AAA game industry pedigree, has established us as one of the premier studios in the world today.
We are looking for enthusiastic and detail-oriented gaming masters to work on our award-winning Franchises! Come join our Dev QA team in a Development Quality Assurance position our at Redwood City studio, located just south of San Francisco. Benefits for this 6 month project full-time position include a competitive salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options and plenty of days of paid time-off. Preferably local candidates with flexible and immediate availability who are able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
This position will be expected to work a shift scheduled to occur Thursday through Monday of each week.
Working as part of the Dev QA team, these experts write and execute test plans on pre-release versions of game software to identify unintended behaviors and detail results in clear, concise context for developers to address these issues. Dev QA personnel tests software for functionality, ease of use, reliability, consistency, and report design and usability issues found with supporting materials as required.
- Perform procedural and destructive software testing as directed.
- Accurately record and maintain issues found by entering them into a tracking database in a clear and concise manner.
- Learn and utilize standards, process and style for issue reporting and tracking.
- Work directly with members of all development disciplines, provide feedback, and assist in troubleshooting game and setup issues.
- Work to ensure that software is compliant with internal, publishing, and first party certification standards prior to release or submission.
- Complete daily assignments and special tasks as assigned.
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge:
- Must be capable of working well in groups as well as independently.
- Must have demonstrably clear written and oral communication skills as well as analytical skills for problem-solving and retracing one’s steps to reproduce those problems.
- Familiarity with test case management software, such as TestRail.
- Familiarity with visual scripting, such as Blueprints or FlowGraph.
- Familiarity with version control software, such as Perforce.
- Familiarity with Visual Studio and remote debugging.
- Current knowledge of PC hardware, operating systems, and the MS Office Suite.
- Phenomenal attention to detail.
- 1+ years of professional testing experience on current generation console platforms (Xbox One, PlayStation 4).
- 1+ years of experience with tracking databases, such as Jira or TestTrack Pro.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Computer Science, Game Design, or discipline specialty).
- Experience with Python and VBA scripting.
- Flexible schedule with a minimum availability of 40 hours per week.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with game technologies such as Unity, Unreal or other proprietary engines.
- Strong passion for video games and gaming lifestyle.
- At least one shipped high-quality title.
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V employer.