This job might no longer be available.
Development QA Engineer
Dundee United Kingdom
7 months ago
We are looking for a motivated individual who is passionate about testing and has proven interest and aspirations in scripting and application development. You will be embedded with client-tech and server development teams to rigorously test features for our games while assisting with the maintenance and expanding of our automated test scripts and test frameworks.
This is an exciting opportunity to be closely involved with emerging technologies and solutions at our company.
- Work with game client tech team to test shared/engine features with a technical insight.
- Test cloud-based services and tools, working closely with DevOps team to understand requirements from server back-end through to front end support.
- Assist in maintaining and expanding our automated test scripts to support DevOps team, analyse and debug automated test results daily.
- Coordinate with project and QA teams, reporting test results and communicating risks.
- 2 Years+ experience in software QA, ideally embedded with a development team
- Technical computing degree or proven experience in computing application development
- A passion for software testing, and an active self-learner
- Familiar with the concepts of cloud-based services in games and what they achieve
- Analytical thinker who can work systematically
- Passionate about games across different genres and platforms
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to analyse projects and determine their testing requirements
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced Agile environment
- You actively seek out opportunities to test games / software
- Experience testing mobile games/applications
- Familiar with test management and bug tracking tools e.g. Bugzilla, Jira, TestRail
- Experience testing front-end web applications
- Experience in network debugging and web API’s, and using applications such as Fiddler, Wireshark or Postman
- Ability to inspect and understand existing code/commits to support test coverage
- Experience programming in C#
- Familiar with Unity or other established game engines
- Familiar with version control such as git, TortoiseSVN, Perforce
- Good knowledge and understanding of recent iOS and Android operating systems and devices
- Previous QA experience testing multiplayer games or cloud-based account services in games or other applications .
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest. Our portfolio of awesome games is expanding, and we are always on the search for talented and passionate people to help us grow. With over 30 nationalities represented and a diverse range of experience and expertise, our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building or supporting live game experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will join a family that has conquered Munros, raced karts, taken on Tough Mudder and Rough Runner, competed in bake-offs, downward dogged, and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy - and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers - we are proud of our dedication to development.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 holiday days
- Access to our team discount scheme
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.