Development QA Analyst
Southam England GB
11 days ago
We’re building a world-class Development QA team here at our Racing studio in Southam, and we’re looking for experienced QA specialists to join our team.
Development QA roles are embedded directly within the development process. As a Development QA Analyst, you’ll be working in our talented dev teams to support the design, engineering and continuous testing of our games while they are being created.
You’ll create, maintain and execute new QA procedures, and use a range of manual and automated testing tools and telemetry systems to monitor, validate and report on the quality of the game and the development process.
Key Responsibilities –
- Review and assess new User Stories and design specifications prior to development.
- Create and execute procedures to validate or test prototypes, game components, assets, features and game systems.
- Provide regular reporting and/or statistical analysis on the status of the game and the Dev QA process overall.
- Regularly assess and analyse key Dev QA and development processes for efficiency and effectiveness, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Evaluate manual and automated test results, and regress issues as they are addressed by the development team.
- Play a key role in the development process by attending project reviews and daily scrum meetings.
- Communicate build status and provide defect risk assessment, root cause analysis, and defect prioritization guidance.
Skills & Experience –
- Proven background in software testing concepts and Agile development processes, with a good technical understanding of game software elements.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, with a logical and methodological approach to tasks.
- Good standard of general education to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant field; ISTQB Certified Tester is desirable.
- Detailed knowledge of MS Office applications and Issue/Test Management systems such as JIRA, TestRail etc.
- Experience of working with MS Visual Studio, Perforce, TeamCity (or similar tools). Knowledge of test automation frameworks is beneficial.
- Excellent games knowledge and a passion for the medium. Racing game experience will really help, but isn’t required.