Development Operations Engineer
11 days ago
Job Title:Development Operations Engineer
The Blizzard Entertainment Global Broadcast & Live Events team is looking for a Development Operations Engineer. The ideal candidate must be a strong communicator, have great documentation and organizational skills. This candidate should be versed in Broadcast technologies, database inaugurations, and application development. Tenacity, self-direction and follow-up skills are a must, as well as the ability to anticipate issues and find effective solutions.
The ideal candidate will have experience in managing and adapting to changing platform needs. A successful candidate for this position will have the drive and desire to be on the cutting edge of tech and have a desire to be part of a growing and demanding industry.
- Manage and administer broadcast tools and infrastructure
- Write engineering specs and develop internal tools for managing broadcast services
- Create and maintain CI/CD methodology for rapid platform management
- Manage and maintain on premise and cloud based services
- 5+ years experience with Linux administration
- Know and understand how to configure high-availability applications
- Understanding of open source broadcast technologies such as FFMPEG and Nginx
- Comfortable with github, gitlab, Jenkins
- Proficient in Python, Ruby, Go, or similar language
- Server and service monitoring with Nagios, Grafana, New Relic, ELK or similar
- Master of automated deployment tools like Cloud Formation, terraform
- Serverless deployments using Lambda
- Containerizing applications and Docker Orchestration systems such as Kubernetes, DCOS, Mesos
- Ability to manage automated deployment in a CI/CD environment
- AWS (S3, Cloudfront, Route53, Media Services) knowledge
- GCP knowledge
- Experience with CDN management
- Visio Experience
- Passion for games and or eSports
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.