This job might no longer be available.
Project/Program & People Manager
13 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is a challenge. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the world.
Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. Our studio in Madrid is looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to expand and create experiences that connect the world to play.
If you're passionate about your craft, this is the role of a lifetime.
The EA Sports team is searching for a Project & People Manager to manage the development of the most popular video games in the world. A game like FIFA consists of many features and as a Project & People Manager you will ensure the delivery of one or more game features, while reporting to a Senior Development Director.
- You will manage a diverse development team which generally consists of Software Engineers, Animators, Artists, and Designers.
- Manage the development of multiple features in a Waterfall-Agile hybrid environment for outstanding entertainment products, having a relentless passion for creating high- quality player experiences.
- Be responsible for the planning of your assigned features and all associated work, continuously monitor and assess execution, organize product and project review meetings, and work with colleagues from other studios to adjust dev operations and plans as needed.
- Ensure that project and product objectives are achieved according to the established schedule and effectively managing all aspects of the plan.
- Help us manage risks, communicate status, identify challenges and create action plans to avoid, mitigate or remove them.
- Be a leader of the studio, actively supporting the continuous development of our operations, practices, and culture.
- Contribute to the recruitment process
- Manage the professional development of team members, establishing goals based on their personal development plans, aligned with our business objectives, and will continuously monitor progress through ongoing one-to-one meetings and quarterly conversations.
- Manage performance and conduct annual reviews together with peers and management.
- Resolve challenges in a collaborative way, ensuring team satisfaction.
- Be a culture champion for our studio and our community, an agent of change helping us continuously improve diversity, equity and inclusion in everything we do
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 5+ years of project management and 2+ years of people management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), tools, and processes.
- Bachelor's degree (or training / experience equivalent to ) in any of the following areas: Computer Science, Game Production/Development, Business, etc.;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, Hansoft), bug tracking systems (e.g. DevTrack, JIRA), data analysis tools and sound business and operations fundamentals.
- Experience working with distributed teams in a diverse and international setting.
- While our studio is in Spain and we love speaking in Spanish, this role requires you to be fluent in English and with great communication and interpersonal skills.