11 days ago
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for an experienced Development Manager who is passionate about both process and gaming, to provide daily production leadership to areas in one of our teams.
You will report to the Senior Development Director for the studio. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
As a Development Manager , you are accountable for the day to day facilitating of the team’s tasks, time, and resources. You are also responsible for supporting the team leads and Development Directors by:
- Tracking and communicating progress while striving for transparency
- Building and maintaining team schedules for the project and milestones
- Identifying and reporting risks and developing mitigations for them
- Resolving roadblocks for the team to enable them to do their best work
- Guiding continuous team improvement through retrospectives and motivation
You are not satisfied with task completion alone but are an advocate for quality while still caring for and protecting your team.
- Passion about managing creative teams
- 2+ years of experience working as a project/team manager
- 2+ years of experience working in creative tech environment; AAA game development ideal
- Understanding of various development methodologies, Agile/Scrum/Kanban/Lean/Waterfall
- Experience releasing at least one game/product while in a project/team management role
- Background in Computer Science, QA Leadership, Production or equivalent
- Experience with various tools, e.g. Jira, Hansoft, Perforce, MS Office, etc.
- Understanding of the complexities and requirements of game production and how to manage them
- Willingness to provide hands on support to elevate the team’s productivity
- Experience working with internal and external teams
- Possession of many conflict resolution tools
- Comfortable talking across all levels of an organization
- Ability to know the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience
- Ability to motivate and inspire the team
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
Apply online with a resume.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.