Development Manager -Sports Tech
17 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and creative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill, and creativity of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and new ideas. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is composed of remarkable talent on a mission to accomplish on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, you will have the chance to turn a job into something you love.
Reporting to a Development Director, a Development Manager (DM) ensures the delivery of a game feature is on time and within budget. You as the DM will oversee the project schedule, hiring, and manage the team to achieve a high standard.
- Manage a development team which generally consists of Software Engineers, Animators, Artists, and Designers.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide management escalation, project prioritization, make tradeoffs, balance the needs versus technical constraints, and promote initial partner deployments.
- Focus on the immediate team and identify team issues, and suggest solutions related to execution goals. Identify task-related processes to improve efficiency.
- Ensure each project setup meets the specifications with Studio with regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
- Establish engagement processes to ensure all workflows are clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff are trained in expectations.
- You will manage professional development plans and conduct regular one-on-ones with direct reports.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 3+ years of Project Management or Project Lead Experience with production lifecycles, processes and project planning.
- Bachelor's degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Development, Business, 3D Arts.
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment (Jira, Perforce, and Visio)
- Experience working with expansive teams, mediation and conflict resolution.