This job might no longer be available.
Development Director - Maxis
10 days ago
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of the Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be. Read on to see how you can join our team and dream big.
You will be reporting to the Lead Development Director
Location: Remote North America - open to most North America locations
As a Development Director at Maxis, you will partner with producers, craft directors and peers to ensure the project is delivered to spec, on time, to quality, and within budget. DDs will also manage members of the development team, helping them grow their careers and skills within the studio.
- You lead by embodying the values of the studio to influence how we create, develop, and work as a team.
- You guide the delivery of content and features across your team:
- Balance scope and capacity in collaboration with the team
- Work with product leaders to uphold product goals and manage quality
- Conduct milestone planning, track team progress, and provide regular status reports
- Facilitate risk assessments and mitigation strategies
- You manage the hiring for your team; work with craft directors, subject-matter experts, and the recruiting team to define roles and responsibilities, interview candidates, and deliver equitable offers.
- You lead your team to seek constant improvements in processes and best practices.
- You manage the performance and career development of direct reports, guide individual development plans, conduct regular one-on-ones and performance reviews.
- You foster a team culture and environment that is diverse and inclusive.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 7+ years of project management and team leadership experience in game development.
- 3+ years of applied experience managing direct reports, driving personal career development and work performance.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant fields or equivalent professional experience;
- Applied experience in multiple project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Proficiency with JIRA, Microsoft excel (can perform complex functions), PowerPoint or equivalent software.
- Candidates with art management experience are prioritized.