This job might no longer be available.
Development Manager II - Central Player Dynamics
4 months ago
As a Development Manager II in the Central Player Dynamics group, you will oversee all aspects of delivery throughout the development life cycle, focused primarily on engineering teams. You will embed on teams and work with teams as the execution arm for engineering and program management. Your work will ensure that our teams can fulfill our commitments to Player Platform and Riot Games and you will ensure our partners are well-informed about our roadmap and status. This position is most comparable to that of an Agile Coach or Technical Program Manager in other organizations.
Central Player Dynamics (CPD) provides services & solutions that foster inclusive player-to-player experiences and eliminate the impact of disruptive behavior for all of Riot's games. CPD comprises three teams: two engineering teams and a design/policy team.
You will report directly to the Director, Technical Product Management for Player Platform.
- Work with the Central Player Dynamics leadership to accomplish the delivery roadmap, managing development schedules and workflows, raising risks, and eliminating blockers.
- Assess the team's health, and composition, striving for cohesion and delivery excellence.
- Organize scrum rituals for the teams, coordinating backlogs across the entire initiative with the team roadmap through appropriate usage of existing Riot work systems.
- Use an Outcomes-Key Results (OKR) framework to ensure focus on the highest & best use of our resources.
- Assess a team's current situation & health and adapt accordingly.
- Create transparency and predictability with roadmaps, planning, active risk management, and effective communications.
- 5+ years of project/program management experience or equivalent.
- Certified Scrum Master Certification.
- Understanding of Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Experience facilitating virtual meetings that are inclusive, engaging.
- Understand how to guide projects through the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Guide teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups.
- Experience managing projects/tasks, project planning, and schedule development.
- Experience in Jira.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Jira’s “Structure”.
- Certified in Scaled Agile or working knowledge of Scaled Agile frameworks.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.