Development Manager (DevOps)
11 days ago
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
A Development Manager (DM) on Madden, ensures the delivery of a game feature on time and within budget. The DM oversees the project schedule, hiring, and manages the team to achieve a high standard.
- Manage a development team which generally consists of Software Engineers. Work with Madden feature development teams with to lock down requirements and specifications.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, surface risks and provide management escalation, proficient in project prioritization, coordination, make tradeoffs, balance the needs versus technical constraints, and support centralized teams
- Identify task-related processes to improve efficiency
- Focus on immediate team and identifies team issues and suggests solutions related to execution goals.
- Ensure each projects setup meets the specifications with Studio.
- Provide regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
- Track and implement project improvement plans to improve team efficiency.
- Establish engagement practices: Ensure all workflow is clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff trained in expectations on the workflow.
What skills does EA look for?
An EA Development Manager will have at a minimum: 3 years of experience in a software development environment, 2 years Project Management or Project Lead experience, and 1 or more years of leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Development, Business
- Excellent knowledge of production life cycle and process planning.
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment. Scrum Master Certification.
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Project, Excel (can perform complex functions), PowerPoint, confluence, sprint planning, slack, support ticket management (example: Jira or JaaS)
- Experience working with DevOps team.