This job might no longer be available.
Software Quality Assurance Manager
16 days ago
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to bring "Mobile To The Core". We are working to bring FPS gaming to your phone. If you're interested in working with veteran mobile and HD developers in creating new experiences to reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
Our team culture is collaborative and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
Role Overview: Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance - Project Development Manager and team are accountable for defining and delivering the Strategic Planning and Operational Vision for the Quality Assurance group. You will work with partner program managers to establish schedules, establish budgets and ensure the creation of test coverage and project metrics.
A Quality Assurance - Project Development Manager will help establish important knowledge transfer process with our game teams. You will work embedded within the Development organization, improve the QA practice across EA and share knowledge across the organization, have a Quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and be a advocate in game design and implementation decisions.
Quality Assurance - Project Development Manager must have both a solid project management background and management skills. Most of your time will be focused on ensuring that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget through active participation in the test responsibilities and processes while maintaining EA's high standard of quality. Additionally, you will focus on improving the operational efficiency of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies. You will work on department level and operational efficiency projects.
You will also spend time managing a direct staff of project leaders, engaging in daily test responsibilities and mentoring junior level leadership within the department. Monitoring performance and delivering measurable feedback to direct reports is an important function of this role. Embrace the challenge of mentoring a team of direct reports and contributing to the development of their careers. Establishing working relationships within the QA department, the QA project team and the outside partners are important to success in this role.
Reporting to the QA group Development Manager we're looking for a passionate Quality Assurance - Project Development Manager to join our team to help coordinate and test our mobile titles.
- Manage whole project from the quality point of view with the ability to speak to the project in detail
- Process and workflow management, improving processes to maintain quality standards through several development and live project cycles
- Resource management/planning, financial capacity planning, resource validation and skill-gap assessment
- Project and quality management through test scope / scheduling, evaluating Return on investment and cost vs benefit analysis
- Work with our partners and groups whilst maintaining the quality benchmark and project indicators
- Solutions oriented problem solver with an ability to implement solutions
- Lead change with the ability to reprioritize business important tasks and promote to keep the team-focused and engaged
- People management skills, develops talent, mentors and cultivates others within their project team
- Establish, monitoring and driving product quality indicators throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality
- Ensure testing processes are followed, partnering where needed to follow and uphold product quality
- Collaborator with all partners and team members across a range of technology disciplines and geographic locations
- Promote quality upstream and advocating best practices to achieve this
- Produce and present reports to partners using data that represent product quality indicators
- Active participation in the test responsibilities and processes
- Advocate and promote a culture of quality
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- QA Project Managers are expected to have at a minimum: 7+ years of experience in a software development environment
- 5 years Project Management or Project Lead experience
- 5 years minimum of leadership experience
- Risk management and solutions oriented problem solving techniques
- Experienced with financial management, budget tracking, QA cost estimates and constraints
- Can conversing across all kinds of disciplines
- Understand analytics and indicators as a way of tracking product quality
- Comfortable conversing within engineering disciplines with and eye to promote outstanding quality principles
- Test case test management software experience i.e. TestRail, TM4J
- Experience of shipping mobile titles built in UE4 or Unreal
- Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, tools and execution planning
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment
- Proficient in Jira
- Experience shipping mobile titles