This job might no longer be available.
12 days agoThe Role
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Development Director to join our Total War team to provide support to the Franchise Leadership Team (FLT) and projects across the franchise. This role will be based at our headquarters in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this highly collaborative role, you will work within the Franchise Leadership Team and be responsible for the planning, supporting, and execution of a variety of goals and tasks. You will look for opportunities to improve their processes and methodologies to bring the best performance out of the leadership team. You will also be on hand to assist game team projects across the franchise, applying the same principles.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role can be offered as fully in-studio or Hybrid with an expectation of a minimum of 2 days per week in our Horsham studio. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
What you’ll be doing
As a Development Director you will own the production / project management of the Franchise Leadership Team. This will include responsibilities such as:
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Maintaining, communicating and updating agendas, actions and progress on goals
- Building and maintaining a backlog of tasks to reflect the work of the FLT
- Managing the communication out to the franchise game teams on FLT function, activity and their progress
- Striving to improve process and methodologies employed by the FLT and how they work with the game teams
- Fostering and communicating a positive and healthy team culture.
What we are looking for
- Define and continuously improve the process and methodology used to facilitate the work of the Franchise Leadership Team
- Create and maintain a long-term backlog of goals and tasks
- Report and communicate out on the activity of the Franchise Leadership Team
- Liaise with the game team leadership in defining new goals and tasks for the FLT
- Broadcast key franchise dates, goals, KPIs and processes to the game teams and wider franchise where relevant
- Anticipate and solve problems independently, and collaboratively with the FLT and game team leadership teams.
- AAA games experience in planning and delivering large scale projects
- A methodological and data informed approach, but with a people led mindset
- Outstanding knowledge of project management software and tools
- Experience and ability to connect people, build and maintain a team through cooperation and collaboration
- Excellent organisational, management and problem-solving skills and mentality
- Ability to clearly communicate using a variety of methods to enable effective collaboration
- Completer-Finisher mindset, ability to identify and pre-empt problems and issues others might have missed and see them through to resolution
- Understanding of multiple development methodologies and knowing when best to apply which tool set
- A proven high level of professionalism and experience dealing with confidential and or sensitive information.
About Creative Assembly
- Expert in Agile methodology
- Experience with Scaled Agile
- Avid gamer.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
We have studio locations across Horsham, UK in Newcastle, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria. These include several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Note to Recruitment Agencies: SEGA Europe Limited and our studios do not accept unsolicited candidate introductions from unauthorised third parties. For the avoidance of doubt, SEGA Europe is not liable for any fees, compensation or any other costs associated with the introduction of a candidate or recruitment services unless and until an agreement has been duly executed. Further details can be found here.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.