This job might no longer be available.
17 days ago
Development Directors are the quality owners for a franchise, product and services. They are accountable for the end-to-end quality of the entire product. We’re looking for candidates with experience managing operations teams and leading large-scale projects, with passion for technology.
You will report to the Senior Development Director.
Experience in Operations:
- Work with partners to improve overall quality by to ensure quality verification is integrated throughout the development lifecycle.
- Improve the operational effectiveness of the quality verification strategy by understanding current practices and introducing new strategies.
- Partner with external shared service teams to accomplish project requirements.
- Manage internal and external QA teams.
- Provide line management to employees across departments within a single project team.
- Work with project team and coordinate requirements with external partners.
- Establish and assign task goals from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project-level.
- Mitigate risk for assigned scope.
- Work with partners to manage scope and quality.
- Make decisions around the balance between quality/time/cost, and directing the team accordingly.
- Provide feedback to project budget and budget planning process; follow and track budget.
You should also have:
- Understanding of project management methodology; can model systems and reports using Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), Project, Word, VISIO and other EAC standard tools.
- Experience managing a project including establishing project plan and project budget, determining task requirements, assigning tasks and implementing operational changes.
- You can identify/mitigating risks; take appropriate steps to resolve difficulties including changes to work methods, technologies and project schedules.
- You take ownership and see projects through despite obstacles and difficult circumstances, demonstrating a sense of commitment.
- You learn quickly and applies new concepts and procedures while dealing with change by asking questions or promoting solutions.
- 5+ years project management or team leadership experience.
- Education requirement University degree bachelor’s or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience with different software development methodologies (such as Waterfall and Agile).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Software development management experience.
- Familiarity with EA’s sports products.
- Project management certifications or training.
- Understanding of Big data systems and pipelines.
- Understanding of server infrastructure and testing, alongside assessing security risks and using data to identify fraud/illegitimate users would be ideal.