This job might no longer be available.
Bucharest 061344 Romania
4 months ago
Development Director, Quality Engineering
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
This is a key leadership role in the Quality Engineering organization and offers a recognized expert the opportunity to lead the development of a portfolio of project or studio-wide tools and automation solutions in support of our mission statement to enable predictability in development by driving quality by design.
As a Development Director (DD), you’ll be primarily driving collaboration, planning, execution and reporting between our Quality Engineering Technical Director(s), our development team Technical Director(s) and Quality Assurance Leadership on our tools and automation strategy. This strategy revolves around the reality of triple A game development in the current market environment; ever growing complexity and size of the titles while striving to minimize development costs to keep prices in line with market expectations. We both aim to reduce the cost of development and quality assurance as well as enable our those same partners to deliver a first class experience to our consumers.
You’ll be accountable for leading the team to meet milestones and quality targets, creating and improving processes, coordinating with various departments across the company, tracking and resolving issues, and seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Be responsible for process, schedule and quality aspects of the Quality Engineering deliverables including maintaining/establishing the development framework, reporting, risk management, capacity planning, resource management and budget
- Work with leadership to define the strategy to execute against milestones and key deliverables
- Ensure the team has the best organizational structure, processes and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget
- Drive efficiencies and new ways of thinking with a goal of reducing waste and increasing predictability
- Foster an engaging, fulfilling and fun working environment
- Help the team focus on the critical few: filters issues based on a clear understanding of the studio strategies and objectives, and helps the team break down complex problems
- Develop, maintain and publish project KPI’s that track project quality, delivery and predictability
- Establish regular communication with team and key stakeholders to provide project status updates
- Able to initiate or implement development process improvements to achieve efficiencies and to act as a change agent for process improvements
- Prioritize and direct development strategies and models to support near and long-range plans & innovation
- Effectively monitor and adjusts capacity plans
- As a people manager, leads a high performing team with a strong culture of trust and collaboration
- Regularly collaborates outside of core team to solve problems and share best practices
- Effectively report progress and status through regular email or face to face communication with appropriate leads/managers
- Strong communicator, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Able to build a strong effective team; effective at selecting strong people
- Ability to think outside the box in a challenging and ambiguous environment
- Experience leading projects with Agile project management principles and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication and possess strong emotional intelligence skills
- Able to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- In-depth knowledge of software development operations acquired from a minimum of 8 years relevant experience
- 8 years leadership experience with the ability to challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent domain
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.