This job might no longer be available.
Development Director - NHL
7 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and creative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill, and creativity of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and new ideas. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is composed of remarkable talent on a mission to accomplish on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, you will have the chance to turn a job into something you love.
What a Development Director does at EA:
A Development Director manages a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other production staff. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and they play an important role in successfully moving the development team from one project phase to the next while maintaining quality, collaboration and communication. You will partner with producers to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget.
To be considered for this role, you need the following:
- Build and evolve a cohesive team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Develop working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of the project
- Manage employees across multiple disciplines within a single project team
- Communicate with project team and coordinate considerations with external partners
- Participate in the hiring process to ensure qualified hires are available to meet project requirements
- Provide constructive feedback throughout the year to team members and guide their career development and progression
- Create inclusive environment and quickly address any conflict on the team
- Establish and assign specific tasks from defined project goals and achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level);
- Assess and mitigate risk for assigned scope
- Partner with production to manage scope and quality
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
- Establish a project budget, determine task dependencies, and assign tasks to team resources
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 5 years project management or team leadership experience;
- Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
- Communication across all levels and organizations.
- Experience in project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.