This job might no longer be available.
9 days ago
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last-minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
Development Director, A-Team
Our team in EA Vancouver is a central group devoted to advancing the fields of character animation and AI in EA games: we work towards a (near) future where animation, physics and AI all play together to create realistic and compelling characters. Our technology is shared across multiple games in EA including FIFA, Madden, NHL, UFC, Battlefield and many others: talk about getting in game credits, hey?
- You will support the team leadership with the operational aspects of the team, including establishing development framework, reporting, risk management, capacity planning, resource management and budget.
- Work with the project leadership to define the strategy to execute against milestones and key deliverables.
- Support the team to have the best organizational structure, processes and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget.
- Drive efficiencies and new ways of thinking with a goal of reducing waste and increasing predictability.
- Foster an engaging, fulfilling and fun working environment.
- Develop, maintain and publish project KPIs that track project quality, delivery and predictability.
- Establish regular communication within the team and external key stakeholders to provide project status updates.
- Collaborate with partner teams such as Quality Verification and Development and Release services to identify areas for improvement and ensure proper process.
- 5+ years of operations and leadership experience with strong leadership skills with the ability to challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders.
- The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of project operations acquired from a minimum of 5+ years experience in project management on AAA game franchises or similar software development projects.
- Experience managing a large project with project management principles and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and possesses strong emotional intelligence skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills - able to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.