This job might no longer be available.
16 days ago
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror’s Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
We are looking for an experienced Development Director who is passionate about both process and gaming to provide daily production leadership to the team(s).Development Director manages project and feature planning, balancing scope with capacity, managing resources, tracking progress, implementing processes, mentoring people and managing risks and mitigation. You are a master of content pipelines. You understand the iterative nature of creative processes and how to organize them. You know how to build healthy, high functioning relationships with vendors. You are a force multiplier for the team. You will report to the Lead Content DD in DICE's central content organization.
What skills does DICE look for?
You are passionate about managing creative teams. You have 5+ years working as a project manager; 3+ years of experience working in a AAA game development (extra credit if you have experience in Live Services); you have experience managing animation teams and working with vendors; you have success as a mediator and have many conflict resolution tools in your tool belt. You are comfortable talking across all levels of an organization; you always know the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience. You understand the complexities and requirements of animation production and how to manage them.
We believe that you have experience working with (or equivalent):
- Project management frameworks such as Agile and Waterfall
- Project development with emphasis on team empowerment
- Tools, e.g. Shotgun, Jira, PowerBI, Word, Excel (can maintain and create complex spreadsheets), PowerPoint, Perforce, or similar. Work task examples Execution
- Manage planning in all development stages from pre-pro, production, launch, and live
- Scope and Capacity Management across all our teams
- Track and communicate project status
- Create scenarios and guide the decision-making process
- Guide your team to achieve our milestones on time and at quality
- Identify delivery risks and mitigation plans
- Align all involved teams towards the outlined goals
- Create new processes, evaluate existing processes, and evolve process to support the team
- Guide current processes to encourage innovation and improvements
- Document and share what we learn with the team and studio
Communication and Collaboration
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Drive and document meetings
- Maintain an environment that encourages creativity and collaboration
- Manage communication with project leaders