12 days ago
Development Director for Electronic Arts Finland
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Tracktwenty is Electronic Arts mobile game studio based in the centre of Helsinki. The studio is responsible for bringing SimCity BuildIt to tablet and mobile and the game has more than 200 million installs to date. As well as growing SimCity BuildIt, the studios passionate team of programmers, artists, designers, marketers and analysts are working to create the next big hit to come out of Finland for EA Mobile.
- Build and maintain an effective working schedule to ensure that project development milestones are delivered on time
- Build a collaborative relationship with each member of the development team
- Anticipate and communicate problems and roadblocks to ensure project goals and milestones can be met
- Manage change requests and advice key stakeholders on their effect on project schedule, budget and resourcing
- Maintain regular communication with game team and key stakeholders to provide project status updates
- Collaborate with internal and external partners and gather their requirements
- Work on development processes and methodology and look for ways to improve efficiency
- Multiple titles launched as a part of game development team or solid experience as a Project Manager
- Demonstrate leadership and ability to motivate the team, keeping all members focused on the goals.
- Organizational skills and ability to execute on projects on time, and at the expected level of quality.
- Show dependability and commitment to projects and tasks.
- A good understanding of various disciplines that go into game development such as programming, art, design and audio.
- Ability to interpret design documents and project schedules to establish and communicate scope.
- Ability to provide both focused and inspiring creative leadership.
- Passion for playing and making games and an excellent understanding of what makes them fun
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years software development experience or other related experience
- Minimum 2 year project management or team leadership experience.
- Game industry experience in any discipline (programming, art, production, audio, etc.,)
At Tracktwenty, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries around.
We’ve built a fun, productive and passionate team who are rewarded with competitive compensation packages and great benefits such as shares, pension scheme, healthcare, gym contribution, free games and endless snacks and drinks in the office!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.