12 days ago
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for an experienced Development Director who is passionate about both process and gaming, to provide daily production leadership to the team(s). You will manage project, feature and resource planning, balance scope with capacity, track progress, implement and improve processes, mentor people, and manage risks and mitigation. You are a master of content pipelines. You understand the iterative nature of creative processes and how to empower them. You know how to build healthy, high functioning relationships with vendors. You are a force multiplier for the team.
You will report to the Senior Development Director for the studio. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
What skills do we look for?
You are passionate about managing creative teams. You have 5+ years working as a project manager; 3+ years of experience working in a AAA game development; you have experience managing internal and external teams; you have many conflict resolution tools in your tool belt. You are comfortable talking across all levels of an organization; you always know the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience. You understand the complexities and requirements of game production and how to manage them.
We believe that you have experience working with (or equivalent):
- Project management frameworks such as Agile and Waterfall
- Project development with emphasis on team empowerment
- Tools, e.g. Shotgun, Jira, Excel (can maintain and create complex spreadsheets), PowerPoint, Perforce, or similar.
- Manage planning in all development stages from pre-pro, production, launch, and live
- Scope and Capacity Management across internal and external teams
- Track and communicate project status, including risks and mitigation plans
- Create scenarios and guide the decision-making process
- Align all involved teams towards the outlined goals
- Guide your team to achieve our milestones on time and at quality
- Create new, evaluate and evolve existing processes
- Ensure the teams have all the necessary information to do their job
- Maintain an environment that encourages creativity and collaboration
- Manage communication with project leaders
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.