8 days ago
Title: Development Director
Location: Shanghai, China
QV Development Director / QA Managers are the quality owners for a franchise, product and/or services. They are accountable for the end-to-end quality of the entire product. We’re looking for candidates with experience in managing high performance operations teams and leading large-scale projects, with high energy, dedication, and a passion for technology.
To be successful in this role, you need to have:
Experience in Operations:
- Collaborate with stakeholders/partners to improve overall quality by emphasizing quality verification throughout the development lifecycle.
- Improving the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the quality verification strategy by understanding current practices and introducing new strategies.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal/external partners/stakeholders.
- Partnering with external shared service teams to deliver on project requirements.
- Managing external QA teams.
- Provides line management to employees across disciplines within a single project team.
- Maintains regular communication with project team and coordinates dependencies with external partners.
- Establishing and assigning task objectives from defined project goals; achieving project deliverables through managing team at a project-level.
- Proactively assessing and mitigating risk for assigned scope.
- Partnering with stakeholders to manage scope and quality.
- Making decisions around the balance between quality/time/cost and directing the team accordingly.
- Providing input to project budget and budget planning process; adhering to and tracking budget.
You should also have:
- Strong people management skills; ability to challenge and develop talent.
- Understanding of project management methodology; can model systems and reports using Excel, Project, Word, PowerBI, and other EACN standard tools.
- Experience managing a project including establishing project plan and project budget, determining task dependencies, assigning tasks and implementing operational changes.
- You are capable of identifying/mitigating risks; taking appropriate steps to resolve difficulties including changes to work methods, technologies and project schedules.
- You take ownership and see projects through despite obstacles and difficult circumstances, demonstrating a sense of dependability and commitment.
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, recognizing and balancing priorities and identifying new methods to deal with issues.
- You learn quickly and applies new concepts, principles and procedures to maintain solution-oriented approach while dealing with change and you deal with ambiguity by asking questions or championing solutions.
- Minimum of 5+ years project management or team leadership experience.
- Education requirement University degree bachelor’s or equivalent professional experience.
- Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations.
- Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- High proficiency with bug reporting and related software.
- Game development experience (especially full cycle experience on shipped titles). Experience as a vendor or outsourcing manager over-seeing a AAA game/s through the full development cycle, from concept to live service.
- Familiarity with FPS game.
- Project management certifications or training.
- Understanding of Big data systems and pipelines.
- Understanding of server infrastructure and testing, alongside assessing security risks and using data to identify fraud/illegitimate users would be ideal.
Diversity & Inclusion:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law
EA has taken efforts to ensure that our on-line application system is accessible to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. Applicants with disabilities may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com for assistance accessing our careers.ea.com website. In your email, please including your name and preferred method of contact, and EA will respond as soon as possible.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.