16 days ago
Development Director- EA Desktop
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world’s greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important programs for EA’s community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These programs include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA’s gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Development Director , you will manage one of the EAX Development teams, which means you will act as the scrum master for one of the Development teams, managing risks, building and maintaining schedules, communicating progress, partnering with both internal external partners, supporting the team by removing roadblocks, and helping build team culture and health. As part of the broader development team, you will be an essential contributor to the EAX team based in Vancouver.
Joining EAX means joining the team shaping EA’s subscription services now spanning three major platforms; build consumer experiences that power EA’s games and allowing more personalized, socially connected, and smooth experiences; and expand our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that “we see farther”, and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
You’re someone who has:
- Managed teams using Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Guided teams through continuous improvement
- Collaborated with other disciplines to develop schedules based on project goals
- Resolved team conflict and communication problems
- Managed dependencies and priorities
- Managed and communicated risks
- Maintained calm. You know how to motivate and energize your teams.
- Most notably you’ll have a rare mix of leadership and collaboration that helps guide teams to achieve their goals
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- 5+ years experience working within technology industries with a technical background
- 3+ years experience in project management
- Experience as a motivated scrum master
- Experience in online services or gaming industry is desirable
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- A passion for continuous improvement
In a typical week, the Development Director could …
- Play the scrum master role on one or more scrum teams
- Work with team leads to build roadmap and plans
- Manage dependencies across multiple teams/partners
- Build plans and schedules for new releases and communicating outward
- Manage team budgets and risks
- Guide the team to iterate and improve process