Vancouver British Columbia Canada
8 days ago
Development Director- Rigging
We are a centralized rigging department supporting EA Studios games including FIFA, Madden NFL, NBA, NHL, UFC, Plants vs Zombies & Need for Speed, located in multiple studios. We develop, support, and facilitate artistic and technical infrastructure that maximizes believable performances, animation workflows, and innovation. Working with our game team and central partners, we share a unified passion for creating and supporting industry leading visuals. We seek a leader who is technically focused, not afraid to take risks, can conquer challenges, drive innovation and thrives on adventure.
What a Development Director does at EA:
A Development Director on the Rigging Team manages technical artists & technical animators, as well as other DD’s / DM’s. Rigging DDs are the keepers of the project plans, production schedules, and play a vital role in successfully facilitating asset & rig production as well as game team & central team support throughout the product life cycle. Additionally, they create and maintain a strong team culture and focus on quality, collaboration, and communication. They must partner closely internally, with content partners, game teams and key stakeholders to ensure that they are managing all projects on time, to quality, and within budget.
To be a successful candidate for this role, you need to be great at:
Leadership & People Management
• Builds and evolves effective teams by identifying staffing needs and providing challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
• Builds and maintains effective working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the successful completion of the project.
• Provides line & career management to employees within the rigging domain.
• Maintains regular communication with project team and coordinates dependencies with external partners.
• Participates in the hiring process to ensure qualified candidates are available to meet project requirements.
• Establishes and assigns task objectives from defined project goals; achieving project deliverables through managing team at a project-level.
• Proactively assesses and mitigates risk for assigned scope.
• Partners with production to manage scope and quality.
• Establishes overall projects schedule based on the individual task estimates for production.
• Determines the resource requirements to meet the task requirements.
• Establishes a project budget, determines task dependencies, and assign tasks to team as appropriate.
• Minimum of 5 years project management or team leadership experience.
• University degree or equivalent professional experience.
• Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations.
• Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
• Some international travel will be required.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that grows from creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-ea