This job might no longer be available.
Development Director, EA Sports Analytics
7 days ago
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most unique and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The EA Sports Studios Data and Insights group (SDI) brings insights that inform future video game design across the EA Sports portfolio including popular franchises such as FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, and more!
The Challenge Ahead:
We are looking for a Development Director, EA Sports Analytics who will be an important contributor to our leadership team, reporting to the VP of EA Sports Analytics. You will manage project and resource planning, balance scope with capacity, track progress, implement and improve processes, mentor people, and manage risks and mitigation. Analytics excites you and you will come into this new role as a force multiplier for a team, ready to establish best practices and tools that boost the efficiency of how insights are delivered and integrated across EA Sports.
- Establish direction and strategy for multiple complex projects/teams while ensuring agreement with all leadership
- Monitor and adjust capacity plans for multiple complex projects/teams to address skill gaps and identify funding needs
- Manage the budget for multiple complex projects/teams and partner with finance to maintain a healthy budget
- Be the point of escalation for conflict management
- Partner with Development Directors and other project management professionals to train them and provide mentorship
- Maintain team health standards through team leaders
- Implement process improvement plans across full projects or multiple teams
- Approve plans and status reports across multiple complex projects/teams
- Anticipate and solve dependencies between the project and external groups
- Use change management processes to communicate and measure the effectiveness of project-wide change
What a Development Director, EA Sports Analytics at EA does:
- Prioritize and groom their team(s) backlog
- Host daily stand-ups, grooming, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives, and other team meetings with your agile team(s)
- Develop a repeatable structured approach for capturing and describing important requirements
- Create work estimates, track progress, and report status
- Understand the priorities and keep the team on track by encouraging communication and collaboration
- Guide execution from concept to live (estimates, tasks, change requests, bugs)
- Be the Scrum Master for team(s) including analysts, engineers, and data scientists
- Form close working relationships with discipline leads, provide regular mentoring
- Manage partner communication and requirements
- Establish trust and credibility with team leadership and studio leadership
- Coordinate dependencies with external parties across the company
- Take ownership of your role
- Passionate about managing data teams
- 7+ years working as a project manager
- 5+ years of experience working in a Software Development industry, and you have released multiple solutions while seeing them through all phases of the development life cycle.
- Have many conflict resolution tools in your tool belt
- The ability to talk across all levels of an organization
- The ability to always know the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience
- Ability to bridge understanding between technical and non-technical audiences