This job might no longer be available.
Development Director - The Sims
1 month ago
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of The Sims , we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be.
Teams are building the next generation game and creative platform, Project Rene and reimagining The Sims that players know and love with even more new ways to play. We're excited you're interested to learn more about how you can join our team and dream big.
You will be reporting to the Lead Development Director.
Location: Remote North America - open to most North American locations
As a Development Director with Maxis, you will partner with producers, craft directors and peers to ensure the project is delivered to spec, on time, to quality, and within budget. DDs will also manage members of the development team, helping them grow their careers and skills within the studio.
- You lead by embodying the values of the studio to influence how we create, develop, and work as a team.
- You guide the delivery of content and features across your team:
– Balance scope and capacity in collaboration with the team
– Work with product leaders to uphold product goals and manage quality
– Conduct milestone planning, track team progress, and provide regular status reports
– Facilitate risk assessments and mitigation strategies
- You manage the hiring for your team; work with craft directors, subject-matter experts, and the recruiting team to define roles and responsibilities, interview candidates, and deliver equitable offers.
- You lead your team to seek constant improvements in processes and best practices.
- You manage the performance and career development of direct reports, guide individual development plans, conduct regular one-on-ones and performance reviews.
- You foster a team culture and environment that is diverse and inclusive.
- 7+ years of project management and team leadership experience in game development.
- 3+ years of applied experience managing direct reports, driving personal career development and work performance.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant fields or equivalent professional experience;
- Applied experience in multiple project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Proficiency with JIRA, Microsoft excel (can perform complex functions), PowerPoint or equivalent software.
- Candidates with art management experience are prioritized.
Visit us at: https://www.ea.com/ea-studios/maxis
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $130,250 - $199,400 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $120,450 - $199,400 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $147,400 - $199,400 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $120,450 - $161,750 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $120,450 - $188,600 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $153,900 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.